“She felt too much and called the dead to her aid. She spoke the secrets no one wanted to voice and warded away the petty frightened souls.
And if she trembled when the wind blew from the north, and sneezed- when caught in the rain, especially- like an infant cat, and had difficulty with crowds- well, what of it? What of it, then? In weakness lay a secret strength.
She was the small soul in the middle of it all, the fulcrum of dead girls’ revenge:
Her words could still hang evil men.”
- from Graveyard Sparrow by Kayla Bashe, art by tumblr user chrysanthemumskies. this representation-tastic book is about a neuroatypical psychic detective who teams up with a bisexual witch. learn more about books by this author here or buy graveyard sparrow on your e-reader device here!
reblogging for the afterrnooners
on 220gsm Cartridge Paper
There’s thousands of notes on posts about how unfair it is that there isn’t a wonder woman movie and now that its been officially announced nobody is talking about it?
Like Can I get at least a hell yeah?
finished cecil (with bonus khoshekh!!) commission for izumiperez! this was initially only a sketch, but i liked it so much in the end that i asked if i could color it was well.
(via knit/lab shogun)
I love how designer Keiran Foley photographs his beautiful shawls.
Everyone worries about word count. Whether you’re writing a first draft, trying to reach a daily goal, or revising, you’re probably worrying about your word count.
When You Shouldn’t Worry about Word Count:
- Writing your first draft. All first drafts suck. Everyone can…
do not let white academia fool you into thinking that
- the greatest authors that were and ever will be are white men
- every great philosopher came out of europe
- mathematics and science were at their highest point when used by white men
- the most beautiful…
I redid it in color. Black children are denied their innocence and childhood, even in death.